Video: Mercedes-Benz's heavy hitters to unveil new C-Class DTM in Frankfurt

Filed under: , , , , ,

Gary Paffet previews 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class DTM Coupe

Mercedes-Benz fields no shortage of F1 drivers in the DTM touring car series these days. In fact, up-and-coming F1 star Paul di Resta earned his stripes driving Silver Stars in the series. But while the likes of David Coulthard and Ralf Schumacher can be found in the Mercedes paddock at tin-top events around Germany and across Europe, it will be the latter's older brother Michael taking the spotlight once again, together with his junior teammate Nico Rosberg, when the company unveils its latest DTM challenger at the Frankfurt Motor Show this week.

While the current C-Class DTM racer was based on the sedan, the new vehicle is based on the new C-Class Coupe. Or at least in appearance, anyway, as the underpinnings are likely to largely carry over from the existing machine. The announcement follows the previews given by BMW and Audi back in July of their new challengers, the A5 coupe replacing the previous A4-based machine and the M3 joining the paddock for the first time in decades.

We don't have long to wait now until we see the new C-Class DTM coupe up close and personal on the floor of the Frankfurt Messe, but for those who just can't wait, we've got a preview clip with 2005 DTM champion (and perennial McLaren test driver) Gary Paffet for your viewing pleasure after the jump.

Continue reading Mercedes-Benz's heavy hitters to unveil new C-Class DTM in Frankfurt

Mercedes-Benz's heavy hitters to unveil new C-Class DTM in Frankfurt originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 11 Sep 2011 10:02:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/11/mercedes-benz-bringing-out-the-big-guns-to-unveil-new-c-class-dt/

Damon Hill Graham Hill Phil Hill Peter Hirt David Hobbs Gary Hocking

Ogier had been trying to build big lead

Sebastien Ogier says he was trying to build a cushion over the field in anticipation of having to run first on the road on Saturday when he crashed out of Rally Australia halfway through leg one. The Citroen driver was nine seconds clear of Ford's Mikko Hirvonen in second place and looked set to carve into Sebastien Loeb's points advantage as the championship leader had already rolled two stages earlier. Conditions were extremely difficult on Friday due to the combination of heavy rain on the stages and hard Michelin tyres better suited to dry stages, but Ogier said the crash was more due to him pushing to extend his lead than the slippery surface

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/world-rally-championship-news/wrc/ogier-had-been-trying-to-build-big-lead/

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Sr Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr Carl Michael Edwards III William Clyde Elliott Jeffrey Michael Gordon Charles Robert Hamilton IV

Report: Toyota launches Pixis Space; first kei cars are Daihatsus in drag

Filed under: , , , , ,

Daihatsu Move

Toyota has announced that it will unveil its first-ever kei car to be sold under its recently launched Pixis sub-brand. The vehicle, called the Pixis Space, will make its official debut in late September. Based on the Daihatsu Move Conte, the Pixis Space will be sold at Toyota dealerships through what the automakers calls "Pixis stations." Yes, seriously.

After Toyota's version of the Daihatsu Move Conte makes its debut, the Japanese automaker will launch a Pixis-badged Daihatsu Hijet truck and microvan in December. By the end of 2012, Toyota says it will launch a Pixis version of the upcoming Daihatsu e:S - a vehicle that returns 70.6 miles per gallon (U.S.) as measured under Japan's JC08 test cycle.

In case you weren't aware, Daihatsu - Japan's oldest manufacturer of automobiles - operates under the control of Toyota. In other words, these Pixis machines are simply badge engineering at the kei level.

Toyota launches Pixis Space; first kei cars are Daihatsus in drag originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 09 Sep 2011 16:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/09/toyota-launches-pixis-space-first-kei-cars-are-daihatsus-in-dra/

Parker Kligerman Trevor Bayne Out! Pet Care Toyota Jason Leffler David Carl Allison Gregory Jack Biffle

Team Chevy Drivers Claim Four of Top-Five and Seven of Top-10 Starting Positions at Richmond

Team Chevy LogoRICHMOND ? (September 9, 2011) ? Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet, was the fastest of four Team Chevy drivers that claimed a top-five starting position for the Wonderful Pistachios 400 at Richmond International Raceway, the final race before the start of the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup....more»

Source: http://www.catchfence.com/2011/sprintcup/09/09/team-chevy-drivers-claim-four-of-top-five-and-seven-of-top-10-starting-positions-at-richmond/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=team-chevy-drivers-claim-four-of-top-five-and-seven-of-top-10-starting-positions-at-richmond

Patrick Gaillard Divina Galica Nanni Galli Oscar Alfredo Gálvez Fred Gamble Howden Ganley

Official: Fiat Doblo headed to U.S. as rebadged Ram in 2013

Filed under: , , , , ,

Fiat Doblo

In a move that truly shows how entwined Fiat and Chrysler have become, the Italian automaker, along with its U.S. sidekick Chrysler, confirmed today the launch a Ram-badged version of the Fiat Doblo van in the U.S.

The Chrysler Group has not released photos or specifications for the Ram-badged Doblo, but says the van will be imported from Turkey as it will be built by Fiat Group's Turkish joint-venture partner TOFAS. Chrysler adds that TOFAS will invest over $160 million for the necessary U.S. and Canadian homologation of the front-wheel-drive work van. TOFAS will set aside some of that cash to cover any North American, customer-specific modifications for the Doblo.

Chrysler says the seven-year deal with TOFAS calls for 190,000 Doblos to be shipped to North America. Look for the first Ram-badged Doblos to hit dealer showrooms in early 2013.

Continue reading Fiat Doblo headed to U.S. as rebadged Ram in 2013

Fiat Doblo headed to U.S. as rebadged Ram in 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/09/fiat-doblo-headed-to-u-s-as-rebadged-ram-in-2013/

Tom Jones Juan Jover Oswald Karch Narain Karthikeyan Ukyo Katayama Ken Kavanagh

Latvala slows to let Hirvonen lead

Mikko Hirvonen is set for victory on Rally Australia after Jari-Matti Latvala slowed to let his Ford team-mate take the lead on the penultimate stage. Ford had openly admitted that it was likely to apply team orders to ensure Hirvonen won however the rest of the weekend unfolded, as once both Citroens had crashed on Friday, Hirvonen and Latvala were left in an unrivalled first and second.

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/world-rally-championship-news/wrc/latvala-slows-to-let-hirvonen-lead/

José Froilán González Oscar González Aldo Gordini Horace Gould Jean Marc Gounon Emmanuel de Graffenried

Robert Richardson, Jr. races to a commendable 22nd place finish at Richmond

R3 Motorsports ThumbnailCHINA GROVE, N.C. (September 10, 2011) ? Robert Richardson, Jr. and the No. 23 North Texas Pipe Chevrolet team capped off their efforts at Richmond International Raceway with a 22nd place finish in Friday night?s NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Earlier in the day, the team chose to only take part in the first,...more»

Source: http://www.catchfence.com/2011/nationwide/09/10/robert-richardson-jr-races-to-a-commendable-22nd-place-finish-at-richmond/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=robert-richardson-jr-races-to-a-commendable-22nd-place-finish-at-richmond

Carl Edwards Copart Ford Denny Hamlin Z Line Toyota Kyle Busch Toyota Kimmy